Hey there folks, here’s the answer to every potluck and every fancy date night dinner and every special family lunch!!
This recipe does demand some specific ingredients, but nowadays you can even find it at your vegetable vendor. Some departmental stores also have a chopped up, ready-to-make kits enough for one meal.
The quality of ingredients is the key here. It needs to be fresh for the flavours to come through.
So here’s all you need to cook that restaurant style Thai Green Curry at home!
Ingredients For The Green Curry Paste
• 5 stalks of lemongrass
• 1/4 cup onion
• 1 inch Thai ginger
• 4 Thai red chillies
• 1/4 cup basil leaves
• 3 pods of garlic
• 1/4 cup coriander leaves
• 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
• 4-5 black peppercorns
• 2 tsps roasted coriander seeds
• Salt to taste
• 1/4 cup spring onions (optional)
Make a paste
Ingredients For The Curry
• Thai Green Curry Paste
• 400 ml coconut milk
• 5 kafir lime leaves
• 4 basil leaves
• 1 Thai chilli (optional)
• Mixed veggies of your choice
• Stir fry the veggies but don’t let them cook through. Keep it aside.
• Add the paste to 1 tbsp of oil & cook for 1 min
• Add coconut milk, kafir lime leaves & bring to boil
• Add veggies & basil leaves, simmer for 1 min
• Add salt if required & garnish with fresh greens
That’s it!! Your yummy Thai Green Curry is ready to be served.
Serve it with plain rice or basil rice.